5-Blueberry pancakes with chorizo
The sweetness of the berries pairs wonderfully here with the smokiness of good chorizo – perfect for an epic weekend treat.
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 100g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 300g blueberries
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sunflower oil, plus 1 tbs extra
- Juice of 1 orange
- 150g fresh chorizo sausage (optional), cut on an angle into 1cm-thick slices
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 100°C.
- 2.Place eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk until combined. Sift flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt flakes into egg mixture and whisk until combined. Add butter and half the blueberries, and gently stir through batter (be careful not to overmix or the berries will break down and the texture of the pancakes will be too runny).
- 3.Heat 1 tsp oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup (60ml) batter and cook for 1-2 minutes or until set and starting to bubble around the edges. Carefully flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and keep warm in oven while you repeat with remaining oil and batter to make about 12 pancakes.
- 4.Meanwhile, place orange juice, 2 tbs water and remaining 150g blueberries in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly and the berries start to release their juices.HOW TO PREPARE CITRUS FRUITUP NEXT
- Eggspresso Martini00:51
- Episode 1 with Darren Robertson and Josh Niland | Make it delicious. |…19:43
- Ottolenghi Walnut Cake01:48
- Milk Chocolate Mud Cake With White Chocolate Frosting01:55
- Milk Chocolate Mud Cake with White Chocolate Frosting01:55
- Anchovy, Tomato and Thyme Focaccia02:08
- Banana, Caramel and Malt Self-Saucing Pudding01:11How to prepare citrus fruit
- 5.If serving with chorizo, heat extra 1 tbs oil in a second frypan over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook, turning halfway, for 3-4 minutes or until crisp.
- 6.Divide pancakes among plates and spoon over a little blueberry sauce. Add chorizo, if using, and a dollop of yoghurt. Drizzle with remaining sauce to serve.