Servings: 10 cupcakes Time: 40 minutes
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1/6 teaspoon salt1 large egg
¼ cup granulated sugar
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1/8 cup unsalted butter,
2/3 cup marshmallow crème
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
Milk chocolate frosting:
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 10-cup muffin with cupcake liners. Mix in a large
bowl of flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
2. In another bowl, whisk brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla together till smooth. Pour
½ of wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir in buttermilk. Do the same for the
rest of dry ingredients, avoid over-mixing.
3. Spoon the batter into liners halfway to avoid spilling. Bake for 15 minutes till skewer
comes out clean and allow to cool at room temperature.
4. For filling, mix marshmallow crème, butter, vanilla and cream with stand mixer till
smooth. Stir in salt and confectioners’ sugar and increase speed of mixer from low
to high. Refrigerate till ready to pipe. Sift confectioners’ sugar and cocoa powder. In
another bowl, mix butter on medium till creamy for 1 minute. Add in sifted cocoa
powder and confectioners’ sugar gently alternately with vanilla and heavy cream.
Mix all on low speed, then increase speed to high for 1 minute till well combined.
5. Layer the cupcakes. Use a sharp knife to bore hole at the center of cake. Scoop 1
teaspoon of marshmallow filling and top with the removed cupcake. Repeat for other
cupcakes. Then pipe the frosting depending on your choice.
Source: Sweet Moments – Celebrating with Easy & Yummy Homemade Desserts