Cabbage leaves stuffed with ground beef, onion and rice, covered in a sweet and tangy tomato sauce and cooked in a slow cooker.Prep:30 minsCook:9 hrsTotal:9 hrs 30 minsServings:6Yield:6 servings
- 12 leaves cabbage
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Step 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil cabbage leaves 2 minutes; drain.
- Step 2In large bowl, combine 1 cup cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, ground beef, salt, and pepper. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf, and roll up, tucking in ends. Place rolls in slow cooker.
- Step 3In a small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Step 4Cover, and cook on Low 8 to 9 hours.
Per Serving:246 calories; protein 19g; carbohydrates 18.3g; fat 10.8g; cholesterol 83.5mg; sodium 748mg.