If you’re as obsessed with perfectly ripe pineapple as we are, you’ll feel as excited as we did about this delightfully refreshing summer salad. It sounds and looks a little unusual at first, given that pineapple and cucumber wouldn’t be the first things we think of to pair together, but trust us when we say this is a match made in heaven. The jewel-toned, juicy fruit and the nice, green cucumber are the stars of the show here, but they share the stage with jalapeño, which adds the perfect amount of kick – although it’s not overpowering – red onion and cilantro. Along with a healthy squeeze of lime juice, all these flavors blend together to create the ultimate cool-down dish.
- 1 pineapple, roughly 2 1/2 cups, diced
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine, pineapple, cucumber, jalapeño and red onion in a large bowl.
- Add cilantro and lime juice, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes, or until flavors have a time to blend together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Eat Well 101