- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar + 2 tablespoons, divided
- ½ cup shortening (or unsalted butter)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter, eggs, shortening, vanilla, and 1 ½ cups sugar at medium speed until creamy.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Sift into butter mixture and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, stir together cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Scoop 1 tablespoonful of dough and roll into a ball. Toss in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Recipe adapted from Home Sweet Decor