This recipe is anything but regular old meatloaf! Everyone will love this moist version made in the slow cooker, with milk, mushrooms, and a little sage for extra flavor.By RODNEY B WIEBEPrep:15 minsCook:5 hrs 15 minsTotal:5 hrs 40 minsAdditional:10 minsServings:6
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅔ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon rubbed sage
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Step 1Combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, sage, and mushrooms in a large bowl. Crumble ground beef over mixture and stir well to combine. Shape into a round loaf; place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F (71 degrees C), 5 to 6 hours.
- Step 2Whisk ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl; spoon sauce over meat loaf. Return to slow cooker and cook on Low until heated through, about 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving:328 calories; 16.9 g total fat; 136 mg cholesterol; 841 mg sodium. 18.4 g carbohydrates; 24.7 g protein;