Rating: 4.42 stars
This is an unusual recipe for potato salad. It is a switch from your everyday mayonnaise-based salad. It’s like a baked potato in a bowl!By CHEFHEATHER
Prep:30 minsCook:20 minsTotal:8 hrs 50 minsAdditional:8 hrsServings:12
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 15 slices bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Oops! We cannot find any ingredients on sale near you. Do we have the correct zip code? UPDATEor use the browser toFind Me
- Step 1Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and allow to cool to room temperature. Dice once cooled.
- Step 2Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Allow to cool, and crumble the bacon into a large bowl.
- Step 3Place the cooled potatoes into the bowl with the bacon, and mix in the sour cream, mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese, chives, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving:322 calories; 17.5 g total fat; 48 mg cholesterol; 614 mg sodium. 28.6 g carbohydrates; 13.2 g protein;