This German Apple Cake is a moist dense cake that keeps well. It has been a family favorite for twenty years.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups apples – peeled, cored and diced
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 inch cake pan.
- Step 2In a mixing bowl; beat oil and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat well.
- Step 3Combine the flour salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon together in a bowl. Slowly add this mixture to the egg mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in the apples by hand using a wooden spoon. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Step 4Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool on a wire rack. Once cake is cool serve with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar or with a Cream Cheese Frosting.
Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving:201 calories; 9.7 g total fat; 16 mg cholesterol; 107 mg sodium. 27.7 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein;
Source : allrecipes.com