- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries cleaned and destemmed
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- In a large saucepan combine blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Bring to a boil and squish/press the blueberries with a potato masher.
- Continue to boil, stirring frequently until preserves thicken, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour preserves into a sealed container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- I make preserves to be used in specific recipes, not to can and store.
- If you would like to can your preserves, place in glass jars with cap and bands. Place in boiling water for 15 minutes to seal.
- This recipe make 1 1/2 cups of Blueberry Preserves.
Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Potassium: 11mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 1mg