This casserole got me and my family our ’10 minutes of fame’. It was entered in the “News Channel 7 Kitchen Recipes” and I had 6 news crew members here at my home eating it! Not only is it easy to make, it is truly delicious, too! Serve with a fresh green salad if desired.By CRYSTAL WILLIAMS
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 8 ounces dry bread stuffing mix
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth (from boiling the chicken)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2Layer the deboned chicken meat in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle stuffing mix over the chicken layer.
- Step 3In a large bowl mix together the soups, broth and evaporated milk. Stir well. Pour this mixture over the stuffing mix, making sure it gets to the bottom of the baking dish (poke around with a fork to let it saturate into the bottom layer). Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until it starts to bubble in the center.
Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving:579 calories; 32.9 g total fat; 144 mg cholesterol; 1142 mg sodium. 30.2 g carbohydrates; 38.3 g protein;