Chewy gooey caramel, nuts and chocolate. We call them Goober Cookies. They taste great the next day if you get them to last that long.By SHARON M.
Servings:36Yield:3 dozen small bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9×9 inch square pan.
- Step 2Combine the 1 cup flour, baking soda, oats, brown sugar, salt and melted butter. Mix to combine, mixture will be very crumbly. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Step 3Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
- Step 4Let cool slightly then sprinkle over the crust the chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Mix the caramel ice cream topping with the 3 tablespoons of flour and drizzle over the chocolate chips. Top with the remaining oatmeal mixture. You will need to break it into small pieces to cover.
- Step 5Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Let bars cool before cutting.
Per Serving:125 calories; 6.5 g total fat; 10 mg cholesterol; 87 mg sodium. 16.8 g carbohydrates; 1.3 g protein;