Cheesy chicken-broccoli casserole. Eat as-is or serve over mashed potatoes or rice.Prep:15 minsCook:35 minsTotal:50 minsServings:8Yield:1 9×13-inch casserole
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, or as needed
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter the bottom and sides of a 9×13-inch dish.
- Step 2Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add chicken and continue to boil until no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine broccoli, cream of chicken soup, Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Step 4Drain chicken and add to broccoli mixture. Mix well. Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Step 5Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Add remaining Parmesan cheese on top and continue to bake until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
You can use thawed, frozen broccoli instead of fresh, if preferred.
You can sprinkle whatever cheese you want on top after baking for 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 265 calories; protein 18.3g; carbohydrates 9.1g; fat 17.4g; cholesterol 55.8mg; sodium 832.4mg.