This cake is super for a quick breakfast snack with coffee.Prep:20 minsCook:1 hrTotal:1 hr 20 minsServings:12Yield:1 Bundt cake
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Step 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a Bundt pan well with cooking spray.
- Step 2Make the streusel topping: Mix 1 brown cup sugar, 2/3 cup flour, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup butter or margarine; topping mixture will be crumbly. Set aside.
- Step 3For the cake: Beat 1/2 cup butter or margarine in large bowl until creamy; add 1 cup white sugar, and beat until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; add alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Step 4Spread half the batter in the prepared pan. Cover with berries, and add remaining batter by tablespoons. Cover with streusel topping.
- Step 5Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, until deep golden brown. Remove pan to wire rack to cool. Invert onto a plate after cake has cooled, and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Per Serving: 401 calories; protein 4g; carbohydrates 61.1g; fat 16.3g; cholesterol 57mg; sodium 303mg.