- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, egg, melted butter and lemon zest until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Drop by 1/3 cupfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until light brown.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm biscuits.
If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
1 biscuit: 193 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.