- For the base:
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the streusel and topping:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8×10 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat until mixture has lightened in color, about 2 minutes more. Mix in vanilla.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan and scatter blueberries evenly across the top.
- In a small bowl, make the streusel topping. Stir together sugar, flour, and salt. Add cream cheese and use your fingers or a fork to combine until pebbly, crumbly pieces form.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over blueberries and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean of batter, 35-40 minutes. Let cool before slicing into squares and serving. Enjoy!
Adapted from Spicy Southern Kitchen.